Honorary Doctorate Nominations
Honorary Doctorate Guidelines
Honorary degrees recognize those who have made profound and enduring contributions to scholarship, culture, and improved quality of life in society at large. Achievements of national or international significance deserve priority consideration. It is important that recipients be persons of great integrity, as the choices we make reflect our values as an institution. The Honorary Doctorate Degree is awarded solely for the accomplishments and contributions that a person has made.
Strategic Growth Leaders Bible University (SGLU), announces the opportunity to receive recommendations and nominations of persons in the ministry or Christian Leadership and business who deserve the special recognition and honor of receiving the Honorary Doctorate Degree. Each applicant must meet the criteria established by the University which will also be based upon the evaluation of information provided about the applicant.
An honorary degree may be awarded to an individual for outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
1. Candidate must exhibit integrity and strong character.
2. Candidate must have served 5 years or more in society in some form of public service, educational or cultural endeavor.
3. Candidate must be of service to ministry or the body of Christ for a minimum of 5 years.
4. Candidate must show an exemplary contribution in the area of Christian Leadership and Business.
NOMINATION & APPLICATION PROCESS
1. If you qualify by satisfying one or more of the criteria listed above, you can nominate yourself for the award.
2. You can nominate someone who satisfies the criteria above as well.
2. All persons nominated must fill out the application form by clicking the button below in a timely manner.
3. After the form is filled out, a member of the School’s board will reach out within 1 – 3 business days.
4. Note that after the candidate has been successfully selected, there is a donation of $1,500 to assist SGLU in providing scholarships and continuing to build an academic culture for success while advancing the kingdom.
PRESENCE AT COMMENCEMENT
No honorary degree will be conferred unless the recipient is present in person or virtually. If a recipient is unable to attend the ceremony in-Person or virtually, the conferral of the degree can be deferred to an alternate opportunity. Each honorary nominee is required to purchase the university regalia.
In recognition of SGLU’s commitment to gender equality and social, economic, national, racial, and cultural diversity, the Board of Regents is committed to the award of honorary degrees to recipients who reflect the diversity of interests, backgrounds, and concerns reflected in the University community, the society, and world served by the University.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONFERRED HONORARY DEGREE
There are circumstances in which the Honorary Award may be withdrawn by the University. These are where:
Should it become known publicly or otherwise that the degree recipient no longer represents the purpose and mission of SGLU or is found to have serious integrity issues, SGLU may withdraw the Honorary Degree. Any proposal to withdraw the honorary status must be agreed by the Honorary Awards Committee prior to it being communicated to the individual concerned.